Rangeland Wines: Enthusiastic Accolades
Contents: Accolades, Lockdown Specials Countdown, Tasting Room Bottle Purchases
Wine Enthusiast: Straight "A"s for Rangeland
We recently received a pre-publication notice that Wine Enthusiast magazine has rated the following Rangeland Wines:
- 2016 Limestone Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Adelaida District, 94 points. New release!
- 2016 The Watershed Bordeaux-style Red Blend Adelaida District, 94 points
- 2019 Sauvignon Blanc Adelaida District, 91 points
Of course we are very gratified by these 94 point ratings, which are the highest ever for our Cabernet based wines. The 2016 vintage started with very high hopes but took us on a roller coaster plunge when we discovered some smoky aromas and flavors (after bottling!) from the influence of the local, 46,000 acre Chimney Fire. You may remember the smoke-influenced 2016 Mistletoe, which we sold out some time ago at "fire sale" prices. The ripe and powerful 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (not rated by the Enthusiast) has been a Rangeland family favorite for some time, with no hint of smoke. The Watershed has had a cultish following among our customers for many years, so the 2016 score crowns an obvious champion. Our recent tastings of the 2016 Limestone Reserve raised eyebrows and provoked hedonistic grins. We are super excited about this flagship wine, which is tasting great and should age for a decade or more. Winemaker Paul Hinscherger describes:
Crimson colored and tenaciously focused, this 2016 Limestone is one for the ages. The aroma captivates your senses with dusty cherry, oregano, cigar box, and saffron. Fine tannins and integral acidity accentuates flavors of black currant, plum, graphite, and chocolate. It is sultry, and complex—and definitely deserves to be decanted. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Aged 20 months in 50% new French oak, 50% once used French oak
Lockdown Specials Expire January 31
Our Lockdown Specials will last only through the end of January. That means you can order all of our current wines, including our high scoring beauties, as follows:
- Order any 3 bottles (you can mix and match) of Rangeland's current selection for $99, just $33 per bottle before your club discount with $1 shipping. Order by email so we can put your special order together with correct pricing.
- Order any 6 bottles (you can mix and match) of Rangeland's current selection for $180, just $30 per bottle before your club discount with $1 shipping. Order by email so we can put your special order together with correct pricing.
- Order any 12 bottles (you can mix and match) of Rangeland's current selection for $300, just $25 per bottle before your club discount with $1 shipping. Order by email so we can put your special order together with correct pricing.
These may the finest wines available anywhere at these prices, but we wanted to reward our longtime and loyal customers before the world rushes in. Thanks for your support!
Tasting Room Bottle Purchases
Currently we are open for wine bottle and case sales, Thursday to Monday, 11-5. Make an appointment here.
CommentsCommenting has been turned off.
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions and get 10% off your next order.